Existing Member?

The Farm

Te Farm

NEW ZEALAND | Friday, 15 October 2010 | Views [285]

While studying in the student town of Dunedin, New Zealand, four friends and I managed to escape the student housing ghetto for six months to house-sit a gorgeous small farm on a hilltop above the city. Te Farm is simply Maori (native language) for "The Farm". It was a sanctuary where students began to gather, seeking respite from the city and good sunset views.

The Farm came with its issues - a faulty rainwater tank that left us thirsty, multiplying cats and noxious weed problems poisoning the neighbours' cattle. We learned that even small farms are tough work, but tough work is nothing weighed up against peace and quiet, gorgeous views of the Otago Peninsula and North East Valley and feeling thankful every day.

I want to be a photographer and to take it everywhere! I love the way it allows me here to capture the strong feelings I have about my home, also to express my wonder, fear, pride or curiosity about people or places, or the situations I find myself in.

About amandarogers


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.