Existing Member?

Cutting Loose These are the voyages of Alice..................heading to Thaland, Australia and New Zealand in 2007

My Thai experiences

THAILAND | Wednesday, 28 February 2007 | Views [575]

Writing this in Ko Phangan - its pretty idyllic I must say and a far cry from the crazy cockroach fest that I found Bangkok which forced me out of my comfortt zone rapidly.  Visited the falls and River Kwai around Kanbchanaburi west of Bangkok . Went by train which looked initally like a bad plan with the solid wooden bench seats but this proved to be a beautiful way to see the land change from city to countyr , beatuiful green fields with corn, anicals, ponds and farmers on mototbikes (efficient!).

Kacnahnaburi has over 60000 inhabitatss and seems to me to give of a lovely sleepy feeling, smally windy streets in the town and then what i call THE STRIP with the bars etc.  Hired biks and a v dodgy car - which I realise was completely illegal as I dont have an international licence but I dont think anyone is checking ; - )

I am sitting here now thining about going to bed - at 8.30pm???   A tad early but was busy today going snorkling so need REST.  Tomorrow is last day here  - will be sad to leave.  Its a calm, funny, quirky place which I feel I have befcome accustomed to - better keep up this travelling before I hurry back to my bubble !

My favourite bits of Thailand

1/2 Moon Party - Koh Phangan

Haas Son Bungaloes and all the staff

Buddha Bar - Kanchanaburi - for the toilet alone

The beginning of independence!

Tags: Relaxation

About alwildgust


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.