Existing Member?

A road less travelled...

Your Backyard - A Postcard from Hot Summer's Day in Bunbury

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 1 November 2013 | Views [295] | Scholarship Entry

I had just returned from a month in Europe during winter and as a result arrived in Oz in the middle of summer and felt the contrasting seasons made for an interesting comparative video.
I have made two or three videos in the past as submission to the ABC Open website. I have also written approximately 10 travel blog's for the site that have been published successfully.
I have been a photography student for a few years and over the time I have come to feel that film making allows me to express my feelings and the narrative in a more compelling way. I have been a traveller for many years and have spent all my saving on exploring the world and I would love to continue doing this as a professional which is why I left a career as an investment banker at 29 and went back to university to do my Masters in Photojournalism. I now get to study creative ways to tell my stories and follow my dreams.

Winning this scholarship would be a dream come true, as it would allow me the tools to develop my existing ability as a photographer into a filmmaker/presenter and make my stories come alive :O)
Thank you for your time and consideration ….ryan

Tags: Travel Film Scholarships 2013

About alwaysonholiday


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.