Existing Member?

Blessed for the journey

My sweet hell in Thailand

THAILAND | Thursday, 28 May 2015 | Views [187] | Scholarship Entry

One day I asked myself:"What is the craziest thing I´ve made in my life? I've not married to the first passerby, not shaved off and not gotten a tattoo on my forehead"! It seemed I hadn´t had a proper teenage! In order to erase this tragic mark from my biography I decided in 30 minutes to go alone to Thailand. I just bought tickets and poof!
When I arrived to the airport of Abu Dhabi where I had a transfer, I started to come around from freeze at the waiting area. At this time realising that having no reservations in the country where I did´t even imagine what the currency was, could be vital important and I just booked the first hotel which seemed livable on booking.com.
That´s how I set off directly on the hell, known as Patong Beach where I spent 5 unforgettable nights. My hotel was situated in one minute walk from Bangla Road, the epicentre of all party-goers from all over the world. That´s how I learnt in reality from Benjamin Franklin: "By failing to prepare, you prepare to fail". Rico's hotel is not to sleep at night, but to tumble into the room and to zonk out having achieved the 99 level of being wasted. Thus, when the 1001 sheep passed me by at 6 am, I grabbed my bags and decided that the next night in this glorious place was to be royal. I must say that the accommodation in Thailand is not a problem. Hotels are at every step.
For the next 4 days I booked Baan Laimai Beach Resort located in front of the beach. Having entered my room, I realized: "Mom, your prodigal daughter is at home!" It was a Deluxe Room, 40 sq.m.,with a huge balcony overlooking the mountains and the city, a huge King Size Bed and a single Bed,huge TV,bathrobes, slippers, coffee/tea maker, hairdryer, toiletries. In short,everything important to me, the girl. The hotel was enormous! But in spite of a lot of guests the staff worked perfectly. Probably being super nice and helpful is more a rule for all Thai hotels than an exception. The hotel has its own restaurant, considered as one of the best in Patong. And the main advantage of the hotel was a huge swimming pool built in the shape of caves where you don´t swim in a silly circle as an ouroboros, but you do your own smart path!
At last, I appeal to REMEMBER THE MOST IMPORTANT THING "MUST DO" IN THAI:
go to any terrace with a sea view, admire the sunset, breath greedily the fresh air, take one of the greatest memory picture of the moment of peace and tick off the craziest trip in my life as DONE.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About allybright


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.