Existing Member?

A day in the life..

Indonesia - dangerous paradise

CANADA | Sunday, 7 September 2014 | Views [293] | Scholarship Entry

I would be the perfect candidate to go on assignment to film Dia de los Muertos in Mexico, not only because I have the creativity and dedication to be a film maker but I have a burning desire to share real stories with the world through a camera. It would be an honour to learn and perfect my craft through this scholarship with Brian Rapsey.
I have always been fascinated by the unknown, so after graduating film school, I set out to travel South East Asia, India and Nepal with no definite plan except to film and photograph my entire journey.
I got to experience the culture and natural beauty of so many wonderful places but at the same time, my eyes were opened to the very real global struggles that are being carried by the people of these countries. Seeing extreme poverty, sickness and political unrest only made me want to film more and tell the stories of people who might not have a chance to otherwise be heard.
This was only the beginning of my new path as a documentary film maker and photo journalist but I have much more to learn. To win this World Nomads scholarship would give me the confidence that I need to pursue my career in full force and understand what it is really like to be out shooting a specific assignment instead of just working on my own projects. I hope to perfect my on-location shooting skills, learn research and interviewing techniques and just have a great time celebrating the Day of the Dead!

Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

About alisonevin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.