Existing Member?

just like an alismata (eyebrow)..

My Travel Writing Scholarship 2011 entry - My Big Adventure

INDONESIA | Saturday, 26 March 2011 | Views [524] | Scholarship Entry

Nightmare in KL

I felt excited and also relieved when I saw our flight status was in the departure info board because in my mind--as a new comer to the flight world, especially international one –“check in” stuff is a fully heart beating situation, no compensation for late passenger and It has been depressed me for ten years (read: hours) waiting.

But , when we arrived there the counter is closed. I look around for a while, thinking maybe the counter will be opened in some minutes. We keep standing there, three minutes, five minutes.. counter still closed.
I asked Mr. Aleg to have a seat in waiting room which next to the counter. Watching if counter will be opened in next some minutes. While I was going to make sure that my sight was true. The info board still gave same status: S11- Open. I back. Checked the counter again, and: closed.
Thirty minutes went by, again I checked counter, again I checked the board, again we waited, till I jerked.
I walked in hurry, watched the board carefully. Oh no! S11- CLOSED!
I walked back to the counter, the counter stayed the same: closed! What the hell..
I went to the next counter, asked why this counter isn’t opened. The Miss asked where to, I said Bangkok, she said, the plane will be take off in fifteen minutes. What??!
I told her that the board status said that our flight claiming go to S11, but she said all counters there are open for all flight. I can’t accept it. I told her, if so, the board should said it. She said go to another counter to get further information.
After I told the another Miss about what we just faced, again what she only can do just reinforcement what the previous Miss stated: but now getting worse: the flight is in next five minutes.
I took some deep breath, try to be relax..
“Next flight, you will be charged 567 ringgits.” She said calmly when I asked the solution.
“567 ringgits?” I asked but no need reply. I counted it how much in rupiahs then collected money from my pocket and asked Mr. Aleg to add some. I asked her if I could pay it with rupiahs, but, I am still not lucky enough..
I went to money changer then I was going to hand the ringgit to that Miss Calm, she told me that our luggage should be scaled and for it, we will get more charged. What??!
O, God. I think this KLCC Terminal must be falling in love with us. He did everything to hold us stay here more longer.
I did recounting for all our fees, tickets, luggage, and our transportation in Bangkok heading to hotel. After collected again my rest money, and ‘raped’ Mr. Aleg’s pocket, and went back again to the money changer which I feel much more far than before now, we are successfully in waiting room now. ***

Tags: kl, nightmare, travelling

About alismata


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.