Existing Member?

AliMareeRyan's journal

Living with a real life Mountain man.

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 12 June 2013 | Views [517]

“You girls should go out and see Greg, his a real life mountain man” we were advised.

Intrigued, we took the risk to adventure out to the middle of Canada’s wilderness, to Greg’s two story floating lodge that he built himself. True to his name Greg was seriously a real life mountain man, both loving and gentle but rusty and wildly untamed.  Greg owns Palmer Adventure tours, taking tourist up close and personal with wild Grizzly bears. What was only met to be a couple of days out in the beautiful nature quickly turn into a week, but everyday was magical.

Completely surround by wild life, you would wake up in the morning and go for a quick dip in the ocean, refill the humming bird feeder, catch and eat fresh seafood, feed the eagles, take tourist out to find grizzly bears, collect fresh water from giant waterfalls and then sit back and relax as the sun-set behind the snow-capped mountains in the distance, while of course sipping on a warm cup of Irish coffee.

If that isn’t crazy enough for you, Greg also took us out camping in one of his secret spots. With nothing but sleeping bags and a tarp over head to sleep, it was no more then five metres away was a bear tail. Which I have to admit put me on edge, every sound, every stick that broke, my paranoia convinced me it was a bear, but lucky that wasn’t the case and we made it out safely.

Video coming soon.

(If you are a single women, I do not recommended staying out with Greg by yourself)

Tags: bears, birds, boat, camping, coffee, humming, nature, sunset, tourist

 

About aliryan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.