Existing Member?

To travel is to live

Stop over... Dubai

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES | Friday, 6 March 2015 | Views [289]

And here I am, at Dubai airport! Waiting for my connection flight to New Delhi...
I'm sitting on the floor, next to a plug I found charging my phone. I had to buy an adaptor, UK plugs in here. I bought a belt for storing money and passports and a backpack so I can put all my stuffs there, don't have so many hand luggage but I do have the planes pillow :)

There is free internet at the airport, just 30min of it. I already chatted with Kai and I'm waiting to be the hour we said to meet again so I could talk with colin. While waiting, I'm charging my phone.

It was an almost 15h flight, I slept almost all the way. I'm sad and miss colin a lot... First time I feel this way. Guess knowing I'll be away for so long makes me miss him even more.

Arriving to this airport was an experience... People from all over the world walk through the airport, but the most exotic ones are the ones from this side of the world.
The police are dress in white and long dresses, with turbants on their head! They look like princes from a novel.

Women are all covered and dressed from black to all sorts of colors.
The most funny or interesting experience was using the toilet! Women from here don't respect the line... Don't know if it's cause it's not on their tradition.. Or because they just don't respect western women! Any way, the woman working at the toilet was screaming at them telling them to get on the line! And when they where going to enter the toilet she will scream at them telling them not to pee on the floor! And not to spil water on the floor ether. Was a funny and interesting thing to witness.

I have to make pictures of all this! The duty free shops are amazing, luxury and it's all here! Like an European mall and more than that!

Areas with green, and areas for kids to play, sofas to rest and relying chairs... You name it, it's here. They even had showers at the toilet! Can't imagine how the city is! Must be luxury at its highest...

It's time to connect to Internet now, they should be getting on line soon :)

Just talked to them.. They connected a little late, but we had enough time to chat a little, colin got really sad but then they call again and we said good bye, hope he is fine now. I'm sad but happy I could talk to him at least for 10 min

Now I still have 3hours... So I guess I'll go for a walk around to see all the amazing things they have here! First a visit to the exotic toilets ;)

About alinach

Color everywhere :)

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Arab Emirates

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.