Existing Member?

Mystics of the Darbar

Local Legend - Shrine of Abdullah Shah Ghazi

PAKISTAN | Wednesday, 6 November 2013 | Views [1056] | Scholarship Entry

Pakistan has always had two mainstream belief systems. One is the hard-line practice of Islam, while the other a more softer form of Islam known as Sufism. These sufis have been present in the subcontinent for a very long time and have inspired myths, culture, history, art and music. Abdullah Shah Ghazi is the patron sufi saint of Karachi and is buried on a hill over looking the sea. We wanted to find out why people visit his shrine, and what miracles happen there.

A graphic designer by trade, I do not possess the means to seek formal education in film, so I use Internet as a medium to learn. All that I know of making films has been through watching films and reading about filmmaking. I try to capture any interesting happenings on video. I love to tell stories and sharing my experiences with like-minded travel junkies. In so much I have made plenty of short films for my self and my friends.

My dream is to one day do this for a living, for now I am a freelance graphic designer looking to make a switch to filmmaking. Winning this scholarship would reaffirm my belief in my path and encourage me to take my stories to a higher level and a bigger audience.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarships 2013

About aliandnadirs


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Pakistan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.