Existing Member?

Humans and Nature: our presence in nature

The Travelling Plantaholic

HONG KONG | Monday, 7 September 2015 | Views [167] | Scholarship Entry

Though I have grown up watching documentaries, I've never looked at travel as a chance to learn but rather a temporary escape from my typical life. But after completing this assignment, it forcefully reminded me that travel is more than the final destination but rather looking at something with an open and new perspective. This opportunity to be taught, not only about the documentary world, but about telling the stories that are right underneath people's noses is not only a creative, but life skill that I am hoping to further develop. Documentary filmmaking has always been my goal, a way to humanize and bring to life stories that tend to exist purely in words. If given the opportunity to learn from a professional Brian Rapsey I believe I could learn a lot more than telling a powerful story. But rather I could learn how to capture the essence of people, and turn the everyday into something that could educate those around me. I have always felt the desire to give a voice to those who are often forgotten, but I lack both the technical knowledge and confidence to make this a reality. Overall, this opportunity would force me outside of my comfort zone and therefore help me to learn in an authentic way about what it takes to work in the unique world of documentaries.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About alfeign


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.