Existing Member?

The Urban Druid

Roadtrip - NYC Nature Escape: Storm King

USA | Wednesday, 6 November 2013 | Views [252] | Scholarship Entry

I am a writer, filmmaker, and full-time ham living in New York City. Being in front of the camera, telling jokes, and traveling are my absolute favorite things in life – in addition to eating and drinking wine. I have been a writer/journalist interviewing entertainment celebrities like Fred Armisen and Andie MacDowell and have starred in comedy films, like my web series Lessons From My Early Twenties. Now I want to take my skills to the world of travel filmmaking! And while I do have some filmmaking credit under my belt, I have yet to make a career out of it – and when it comes to documentary there is a lot I’d like to learn!

So why did I do my submission on Storm King instead of taking you around my favorite haunts in Brooklyn? Storm King seemed like the perfect place to take World Nomads since it’s not a place most non-New Yorkers or even New Yorkers know about. It’s also not easy to get to when you don’t have a car! But it also happens to be one of the most beautiful places I’ve been and a perfect example of how art and nature can interact – which proves that you can still live in a big city like New York and experience greenery!

Tags: Travel Film Scholarships 2013

About alexmac84


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.