Existing Member?

Roadtrip Australia: Van-Tastic Western Australia - PATRICK & ALEX

SO IN THE END...SOME FINAL THOUGHTS

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 22 June 2010 | Views [1428] | Comments [2]

So this is it. We just woke up on our final day of our six week journey. I can’t believe it’s been six weeks already. We started in Darwin, fresh and ready to go, and I think I can say that we still share that sense of wonder and excitement weeks later.

We saw some amazing things over our trip. From riding a camel, to snorkelling with the world’s largest fish, the whale shark, to swimming with wild bottle-nosed dolphins and jumping out of an airplane at 14,000 ft.

We’ve met a lot of great people along the way. They added to our experience and allowed us to be part of their journey as well.

And there’s Geoff. What can I say about him? He took us where we wanted to go, gave us shelter, let us cook our meals, hang and watch movies with him and was our home for the past six weeks. While I found him difficult to drive at first, we quickly learned to work together and it’s been great ride ever since. I’m going to miss him. So long buddy, and it’s been a blast.

We want to thank everyone with Tourism Western Australia, World Nomads and all the tour operators we’ve met along the way for making what is a once in a lifetime trip an even more special trip. Thanks to everyone who tuned into our videos, read our blogs and checked out our photos. I hope you shared a little bit of our journey as well.

See you again soon Western Australia...

Tags: adventure, backpacking, campervan, oz, roadtrip, travel, van-tastic adventures

Comments

1

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching your journey in Western Australia and I can say without hesitation you guys have been the envy of everyone you left behind in Canada....Australia looks like an amazing place; and I have added it to my personal bucket list of things I must do before the journey of life is over. Safe trip back guys.

  Catherine Savoy Jun 18, 2010 4:54 AM

2

You guys have done an amazing job. The entire fam enjoyed all the videos and blogs that you created. The pictures were outstanding as well.
Congratulations on a job well done.

  Maureen Savoy Jun 23, 2010 3:23 AM

About alexandpatrick


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.