Existing Member?

Re-discovering my America's culture through the nations of the world

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 19 May 2011 | Views [395] | Scholarship Entry

I'm a person who was NOT made for the corp. world. I went into the military pre-911 and the ONLY reason I signed up was so I could live and travel all over Europe and meet exciting new people and cultures. little did I know that the day after my 21st Birthday I would be thrust into a world at war. I made it a point to ALWAYS live off base, I submerged myself (out of respect for my host country) in their culture,language and people and to this day have some of the best friends I could have ever asked for,but while in Iraq my eyes were opened to pain,suffering,starvation,I reprimanded 3x for giving out food to naked starving children (on the 4th time I was placed on point to lead our convoy.The most dangerousness of positions,but I still through out food.I mean COME ON I got steak & Lobster every Sunday,what's a DAMN MRE to 5 starving orphaned children. A LOT.I was in Iraq for 13months,we promised Clean Water/food/Sewage disposal, I NEVER saw that come to fruition, EVER. That's when I knew I'd be back to make a change. I make GREAT money in the corp. world and collect 70% disability from the Army, but it's NOTHING. My duty on this earth is to help others and try and give them the best lives possible.Sunday Nights,Steak & Lobster, So stupid.

Tags: #2011Video, Travel Documentary Scholarship 2011

About alexander176


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.