Existing Member?

WanderLust Not all who wander are lost...

Day before we leave

USA | Wednesday, 8 July 2009 | Views [460]

Well, the origional plan was one big suitcase and a small one...naturally I have ended up with 2 huge suitcases and an over the shoulder carry on. Getting all this shit in the car in Durban is going to be painful. But besides the standard suitcase drama that seems to be a requisite part of intercontenential flights, my excitment is mounting! I'm ready to be out of Charlotte, and back home in South Africa. It's going to be a very eye opening trip I'm sure, and it will probably leave me with a new appreciation for the life that I lead in America.On this trip my good friend Carlie will be coming with me, and I'm very excited to show her South Africa!

Mostly I feel excited about ths trip, but there is a small part of me that isn't quite looking forward to this trip. Maybe its because its a long trip- 4 1/2 weeks, and i'm going to miss my friends a lot, or maybe its because a small part of me is a little scared, because South Africa is not the safest place for a small, young white girl. Maybe its because I'm going to be around my family, which is more then a little dysnfunctional. However, all thoes things will hopefully not be an issue, I just hope that with all the traveling that we're doing within the country that nothing bad happens!

The next entry you will see will be from South Africa, and much more exicting than the pre-trip posts :)

Tags: anticipation, last day, packing

About alexa_lazarus


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.