Existing Member?

It's just a trick of the light

#viviMI

ITALY | Saturday, 8 August 2015 | Views [203] | Scholarship Entry

When I was a kid I wanted to be an archaeologist: I wanted to travel and discover human nature. The dream disappeared growing up, as if society was suggesting to not walk that path. "It's not a proper job" I kept hearing.
After that I dedicated my energy to sports. I wanted to become a professional basketball player and travel the world. Days after I signed my first contract, a serious ankle injury stopped me from playing basketball for 2 years. I was 17.
But I still had energies left. One of the most important things I learned growing up is that desire is the biggest motor.
Still injured, at the age of 18, I moved from Rome to London. I lived there 3 years and I got a Bachelor degree in Media and Cultural Studies at the University of Arts London. While studying, I worked as a photographer for Getty Images, France Press, AFP, Vatican City, X Factor, Sony Music, Porsche and many others.
I was born again.
Soon enough I felt the urge to evolve. I started doing videos and moved to Milan to attend the Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia - the Italian school of Cinema, getting my second degree in "Directing and Producing advertising and documentary films". It's my second year as a film student and finally I find myself satisfied: I travel, I meet people, I work and I work and I work hard.

Sometimes I look back and I feel like I haven't changed a bit. I'm still that same kid who wants to dig deep in human culture and be an archaeologist. Just a modern one. A visual one.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About aleph


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.