Existing Member?

L-I-V-I-N Quit working to go travel around the world for a year

Begining of trip

USA | Saturday, 5 June 2010 | Views [167]

June 4th: 230am

Arrive home from the bars. Leave for the airport in 3 hours….start packing for 9 month trip.  Of course I packed wrong…ended up only bringing 1 pair of shoes, 1 pair of pants, 1 pair of shorts and like 10 T shirts.  Nothing waterproof, no jacket.  Got to airport, flew A/A instead of southwest in spite of knowing better. Got onto a little cramped plane and flew to Dallas.  Had a bit of an anxiety attack and contimplated getting off the airplane before and after we landed, cancelling the trip and going home.  Enter my friend xanex.  Kicked in by the time we landed so then I cruised through the brief layover and onto the next flight.  Sat down in my usual window seat and passed out.  Woke up 2 hours later and everyone was unboarding…appearantly we had sat on the runway for 2 hours waiting for a mechanical fix only to have to switch planes and start all over.  So leaving home at 5:30am, getting to Boston at 5:30pm instead of a 3 hour flight.  Not a great start to the great trip, but I survived. 

Made my way to the hostel near Fenway.  Met some Irish kids that just graduated from University and were up for going out.  We walked down and found the nearest bar…tried to go in but It was a gay bar it turns out so they pointed us down the street.  We ended up at an Irish bar of course, but it was pretty fun. Great cover band and tons of people.  I like Boston.  Tired though so cut out early and went home to crash. 

About akulhavy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.