Existing Member?

From eyes to the soul

A Local Encounter that Changed my Perspective - Peace the panacea

JAPAN | Friday, 19 April 2013 | Views [243] | Scholarship Entry

Its all about my visit to the land of rising sun ie Japan. Beheld in the eastern lap of Asia this exquisite island has painted an ever cherishable sketch over the canvas of my mind. In particular it was my visit to Hiroshima Peace Memorial that changed my perspective. Although before this incidence, from my very childhood i had heard an ample of stories about the misery involved in the lives of the victims of Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings. I had even had complete chapters in my textbooks enumerating the complete tragedy, yet in spite of all that i had never been able to appreciate exactly what had actually taken place.
The meuseum has beautifully managed to convey the tragic story to the visitors. The debris of buildings, the chunks of utensils, the torn clothes can be a few things that could really get you into the shoes of victims. Yet in addition to all these there was something else that was so ineffable that literally brought me to tears and made me understand the hidden message of "peace" worldwide.
On one of the wall chunks out of the debris there was a silhoutte of a man patterned into the wall, on interrogating i came to know that it was actually of one of the victims whose body had evaporated due to the extreme temperature and those vapours came to set that impression against this wall. I could feel the excruciating pain in my body itself. The strange feeling i felt is inexplicable, but there was an aura that brought into light the dearth of love and peace around the world. The extent to which we human beings can fall down to humiliate our fellow beings, though what was archived was irrevocable yet that incidence rekindled the sparks into the hearth of my soul to spread this message of peace in my own little way. Since then i leave no stone unturned to find ways to make others happy. Life is too short to hate someone. The world needs to be healed and turned into a paradise of love for each one of us to relish our lives.
At times these little things can change your life altogether, and so why can't i change this world, as the change begins from me.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About akankshagarg


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.