Existing Member?

Asia Ains and Tim's journey around Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore.

Phuket - what can I say about Phuket??

MALAYSIA | Friday, 14 March 2008 | Views [435]

We I can't say I wasn't warned - I can't say I will be returning to Phuket any time soon but it's all experience right!! :-)

It was a bit smely, a bit pushy, a bit over the top but glad we went and saw it (once).

Our hotel was fabulous great service and lovely staff and room was incredible. Tim was devasted when the satelite sports channel went out but the tv guy came and within 10 minutes we had it back - huge sigh of relief - could have gone a whole day without watching a soccer game (gasp!)

We actualy had a rest in Phuket which was god - no boked tours - it was nice to wander around the streets and have a look at everything that was happening (except all the stall holders - more pushy than any other place I have been).

On Tuesday night we went to Thai boxing (Muay Thai, 9pm Bangla Boxing stadium stadium stadium, tonight, tonight tonight tonight, champ of the champ - no joke I was ready to rip my own ears of after about 90 mins if that repeating over and over - It was surprisingly interesting social excercise though - there were little kids fighting -  normally anything to do with little kids is cute but this was just a bit weird - grown men screaming and yelling and jumping up and down watching 10 year olds kickboxing. There was even a match between a Swede and a Thai and when the Swede one it was almost silent except when the 3 swedish tourists in front of us jumped up and clapped and cheered.

It was pretty funy as the second last match was an Ausie and  Thai and in the first round the Aussie hurst his foot - so Tim bet 200 BT with a Thai supporter that the Aussie would win and then the Aussie pulled out before the second round started - you win some you lose some it was a crack up to look at Tim's face though.

This morning we were off to KL - it has been very easy compared with Thailand - easy to communicate and easier to identify food you are eating of get an answer you understand when you ask "What meat is it??"

So we have have settled in a bit had two satay dinners already tonight and tomorrow we will tour KL.

Hope you are all well,

Love Ains

If anyone reading this is in touch with Kelly please tell her Happy Birthday for me for the 11th, thanks.

About ainsandtim


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.