Existing Member?

Wherever We Are

GrowingUp

EGYPT | Saturday, 16 May 2015 | Views [131] | Scholarship Entry

I have been traveling since the day I learned to walk... but nothing (yet) compares to my adventure in Egypt. Not only do I love to travel I also love history and Egypt is full of both. We stared our journey in Cairo, Egypt. We spent the time necessary to go and see the Great Pyramids, the Nile, and the Mummy Museum. Nothing compares to watching the sun set behind the Pyramids on a camels back. We spend another whole day on a boat ride floating down the Nile River watching the landscape change from all sand to a brush of greenery. We ended our stay in Egypt in Charm El Cheikh a beautiful oasis of a city on the coast of Egypt. We stayed in bungalows in one of the over the top beautiful resorts and swam in the most elaborate pools I have ever seen.
We flew home and found out that a week to the day later the outdoor market and the resort we stayed in were both bombed by Al Qaeda. Everything we touched and cherished in our pictures was no longer there. Everyone's adventures are unique in their own but I like to think my adventure is a one of a kind now.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About aimlesswanderer


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.