Existing Member?

Film Scholarship 2014 Submission: Nomads in Ottawa

Not Desk Jockeys Allowed

CANADA | Thursday, 18 September 2014 | Views [559] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

Dear World Nomads, my name is Aiden AuCoin-Power and I am an eighteen year old resident of Ottawa Ontario. I am fresh out of High School and taking a year off before hopefully beginning schooling in either Television or Film Production. I have taken this year off with intentions to live and breathe experiences I would have not been able to while attending school. The 2014 Video Scholarship under Brian Rapsey's mentor-ship would give me the opportunity to have a taste of the travels I hope to embark on later this year, and allow me to practice and build the skills under his guidance that would aid me during my travels. I am a quick learner, and a strong believer in teamwork. Although I recognize that during this trip I, for the most-part, would be alone apart from check ups with Mr.Rapsey, I believe that teamework has an important role in docu-style film as it takes strangers alot of trust to let you put them in the spotlight. I would see my teamworking skills come in handy while speaking with locals, setting up shots and interviews. All in all I think it goes without saying that I personally would love this opportunity and would do it justice, bringing one-hundred and ten percent effort to every moment and striving to make both visually striking and narrative strong videos while in Mexico, portraying the true energy of the Mexican culture during the Day of The Dead.

Thanks again for the opportunity,
Aiden AuCoin-Power

Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

Comments

1

Thank you for your interesting portrayal of our nations capital. Wishing you the best of luck with this competition!

  apriljoy Sep 21, 2014 5:58 AM

About aidenpower


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.