Existing Member?

Grassroots- Aidan's Adventures

The count down begins

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 21 October 2008 | Views [268]

The count down actually began back in April.


But here I am past the one month to go mark. To be completely accurate I have 25 days and 3 hours until I board a plane to Phuket. Then I will be spending the next four weeks in amazing Thailand (Well I haven't been there yet so I can't say for sure it's amazing, but hey from what I have heard).


So for anyone who doesn't know this is the plan:

Eight Days in Phuket, staying in a very nice, touristy resort. And then up to Bangkok to start the real adventure. From Bangkok I am going north to Ayuthura (the old capital) then to Chiang Mai. From there I will be doing a three day hill trek though Northern Thailand.

Then over to Chiang Rai. This is also known as the Goldern Triangle where up until recently a lot of the world's heroin supply originated from. While in Chiang Rai I get to cross into Burma (Myanmar) for a day which will be fun...if I don't get shot.

From there I go down to Kanchiburi and back to Bangkok, where I will stay for five nights. During this time I plan on doing a buttload of shopping and truely experiencing the culture by going to ping pong shows.


Anyway...please be sure to check in with the blog and have a read of what I am doing. I would love to hear from you while I'm away too. I don't want to be out of the loop!

Peace,

Aidan

About aidan64316


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.