Existing Member?

A Day in Frankfurt

A Day in Frankfurt

GERMANY | Tuesday, 22 April 2014 | Views [224] | Scholarship Entry

Frankfurt is Germany’s second most expensive city, and the 48th most expensive in the world. Frankfurt also ranks among the top 10 most livable cities in the world according to Mercer Human Resource Consulting. Entering Frankfurt is a jaw dropping experience as you could vividly glimpse a pulchritude City and of a multi-culti environment where people can mingle and jingle.
People in all walks of life converge into one huge, progressive City and is considered as the most modern state in Germany.
Frankfurt (Main) Hauptbahnhof is the central station for Frankfurt am Main. In terms of railway traffic, it is the busiest railway station in Germany. With about 350,000 passengers per day the station is the second most frequented railway station in Germany and one of the most frequented in Europe.It is one of the historical building existed during the world war II and later on refurbished for future use and is now one of the famous Central Station in Europe.
Traveling any parts of Germany and/or Europe involved a language and most often than not you have to speak Deutsch or German as it is the famous European language. Though, you could approach a handful to speak English (specifically to a "younger" generation). Deutsch is a West Germanic language, related to and classified alongside English and Dutch. With an estimated 90 – 98 million native speakers, German is one of the world's major languages and is the most widely-spoken first language in the European Union. As always, Europe's architectural infrastructure facinates the visitor's superior imagination through intricate details and advance technological progression not to mention the durability of its resources.
It was a fun filled day tour experienced, Thanks goodness I was wearing my "chucks" or else it wouldn't be fun at all.
One of the most unforgettable language barrier encounter that cracks me to LOL is when I was asking for a toilet in German and I am torn between Damen and Herren I substituted Damen instantly as for the Men and Herren is for Her!!! Which was totally hilarious because it is the other way aroundoh btw, I caught my Male Boss in the Herren section and thereafter I have learned my lesson =D

What was your European experience like?
Did you have a humorous "language barrier" encounter?

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About aiceberries


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.