Existing Member?

La Dolcezza Della Vita- The Sweetness of Life

La Dolcezza Della Vita- The Sweetness of Life

CANADA | Monday, 7 September 2015 | Views [204] | Scholarship Entry

I have vivid memories of the first story I was ever told.

I was at my Grandpa's farm and we were sitting around the fire. He told me " When I was just a little boy walking home from school, a bird flew by. He swooped, and he pooped - right into my eye. I was a big boy. I didn't cry... I just thought to myself, thank goodness cows don't fly"

This is the first story I was ever told, and it continues to capture my imagination. I see everything so clearly; the dirt road crumbling as his feet hit the ground, the blue sky above him, and a Disney-esque sparrow flying overhead .

Everyone has a story. Fact or fiction, these tales exist in our minds and I do my best to visualize them. My love for videography begins there. To me, visuals actualize the story. Fact or fiction, they bring it to life. Outmatching even the most vivid memory.

It isn't hard to fall in love with travel, or the adrenalin rush that follows doing something you never thought you could. It is hard to put yourself out there and find out what makes people tick, make them smile- laugh and share in that moment with a complete stranger who is no longer a stranger anymore.

To be able to capture that on video and share emotion from around the world would be a gift. Sharing a story that perhaps has never been heard by ears willing to listen. Showing a person, that we don't need a silver screen to create an experience worth watching. My dream is to meet people- to do what I love, and to move someone with a story.

Tags: 2015 film scholarship to colombia

About ahs


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.