Existing Member?

mubstar

when i got fooled twice in less than 4 hours

JORDAN | Monday, 5 May 2014 | Views [163] | Scholarship Entry

Where on earth a person could be fooled twice in the same day.

It all started when i decided that i want to travel to Egypt, In the first day of my trip i wanted to see the most popular thing in Egypt which is "The Great Pyramids".

I entered the taxi then i told the driver "i want to go to the Pyramids" , the taxi driver replayed "which one?!" I paused for 2 seconds "Aren't they in the same place?!", he said with confidence "They look in pictures close to each other but they aren't " the driver continued "they have different roads and i charge different price to each one" , I have no reason to doubt this guy , so i have chosen the expensive one because he made-up a fucken great story about it "how nice the big khufu is he even told me some advises, when i arrived and got my ticket i discovered that all Pyramids in one area "like every picture tell".

When i knew that the taxi driver fooled me by charging different price to each Pyramid , i decided to learn from this story and i learned three things

1st one: if you want to charge high in your business introduce packages no matter what it contains , people always wants the best

2nd one: self-confidence is everything, i have never doubted the guy because he looked very confident

3rd one: read more so that you can know more

The 4th thing i learned; 2 hours later when i got fooled for the next time.

After getting my ticket i decided "NO ONE WILL FOOL ME AGAIN" like i could handle it , i entered from the gate and throw my ticket a way, because why i will need it i am already inside.

When i was walking in the Pyramids area, a normal person stopped me and asked me about my ticket. "I will never be fooled agin" self talking , i asked the guy "who are you?", "and Why you are asking me about my ticket?!" , he told me that he is an undercover police (showed me his ID) for those who enter without tickets .

I told the guy i threw the ticket a way, he told me either i should return to main gate or buy new one from him now, so i decided to give this man the money, and ask for refund when i finish in the main gate. When i went to main gate they told me "there is no such thing and the ticket that i have is faked"

The 4th thing i learned from this trip : it is better to travel , with someones lives there and knows the culture

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About ahmad


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Jordan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.