Existing Member?

african bliss for bohemian mermaids here you will find: my mind, lost in time linguistic trance-lations of dance, epic mom-ents mosquito net placements and i bet some cosmic revelations inspired by zulu nations

the olives are so potent here

MOROCCO | Saturday, 9 December 2006 | Views [744] | Comments [1]

it is only the second day and i already have a novel's worth of the extraordinary to retell. participating on this exhilerating stage of life-marrakech is a theatre of perpetual perfomance: everyone in their elvish hoods and elvish shoes, spinning dervish circles to cobra drums, the music telling me where to go and exotic smells telling me to remember: i woke up this morning and left the hotel, only to have a snake charmer wrap a water snake around my neck, telling me it is for good luck like the gods say and i am charmed. i have a three hour tea ceremony full of pouring back and forth between pots and glasses and more mint and more water and more sugar and more praying. five times a day i hear the qu'ran bouncing through the sky from mosque to mosque, and my tea sharing friend interprets it for me while he pours, back and forth until the sun sets. and i watch, pink orange blues from the tiled roof of heaven. the sky is present with the colors of clarity, the blue of a perfect universe, where everyone is giving, everyone is seeing and loving and sharing; everyone is alive (and the olives are so potent here)

Tags: Culture

Comments

1

here was google's first hit for 'africalis'

<3 to oui and your wending and your writing

oh yeah and i quit my job! in text..

  ninly Dec 19, 2006 2:55 AM

About africalis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Morocco

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.