Existing Member?

Let's feel the wind together

I got into a airplane one morning to see the world

GUATEMALA | Wednesday, 7 May 2014 | Views [242] | Scholarship Entry

I'm so afraid of airplanes... And I used to be even more afraid to travel alone...
I started to work to my own father on June 2013 and on September I got fired, not because of me but because things that I couldn't control. I was so frustrated that I went to the first store to buy a ticket to somewhere, the cheapest one was to Guatemala, a country that I have never listen nothing about. Whatever, I bought to one week later, I told my family, my friends, I got afraid. I did check things about the country, I got more afraid. I did my backpack, I got even more afraid.
I went to the airplane, the thing that I have more afraid in all my life, and I will never forget, I thought "whatever, I'm gonna go back home, I don't wanna die in this trip, I'm to young, I don't wanna go" and I almost cry thinking about to stop the airplane and ask to come out. In Panic I sent a text message to my best friend saying something like "Why did you let me go in this crazy trip? this is insane, I'm so afraid, please stop me" and she answered "shut up, you are the most incredible woman I know, you are so strong and I'm sure, you are blessed, nothing bad will happen to you" I thought "oh yeah, I'm strong and blessed" and I went to this amazing 4 months trip in Latin'America.

Always, when I was afraid, when I was in some situation that I couldn't control myself I thought "I'm blessed, nothing bad will happen"

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About afraid


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Guatemala

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.