Existing Member?

Alison's Aussie Adventures

Motorbike Ride with Madellen

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 15 September 2008 | Views [528] | Comments [3]

So far this last Saturday has been the highlight.  Madellen, Chris's friend, took me for a ride around the city on her "motorbike"- scooter to us.  Her name is "Lola".  And she's a showgirl. ;)

We hopped on the bike from Madellen's office and rode down to the Fish Market in Pyrmont.  SO amazing- this place made the Pike Place Market look like the pre-school of ocean creatures.  There's a large asian population in Sydney, as well.  SO, when we ordered fish and chips at one of the counters, we had to literally throw elbows to place our order and pay.  But it was fully worth it.  And Madellen bought a kilo of prawns (HUGE!!!!!).  We sat outside in the sun and ate our lunch.  FYI: crows are just as sneaky and agressive down under as they are in Seattle.

After we ate, we hopped on Lola and rode up to Newtown, which is kind-of similar to Capitol Hill.  A little on the funky side, but very fun.  This is Madellen's place: she literally looks like a 50's pin-up girl.  SO pretty, only wears black and red, and rides a black motorbike.  The two of us, scooting around Sydney in the sun to go shopping and have coffee.  THIS is what I came here for. 

Comments

1

Man, Im jealous. I wish I could see some pictures!!! Sounds like they have lots of little areas with different cultures, like Seattle. Awesome. Miss you. Send pictures. Also, did you get a PO Box? If so, you should let us know so we can send you a care package.

  Meg Sep 16, 2008 4:12 AM

2

more pics please :) Glad to hear you are having so much fun, miss you.

L - B

  B Sep 18, 2008 8:18 AM

3

Wow.. I've only just come across this post now.. I remember that day and I'm glad you had such a good time. :) I dont have Lola anymore and I miss her dearly....

M x

  Madellen May 19, 2012 11:08 AM

About afischera


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.