Existing Member?

Alison's Aussie Adventures

Trip Into the City

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 6 September 2008 | Views [481] | Comments [1]

Thursday morning I woke up with a mission.  Decided to attempt the Sydney bus system and go downtown.  It was incredibly easy.  I walked around for a long time, decided that my laptop is rediculously heavy, and found a cafe with free wi-fi.  That was a god-send.  Here's something weird; an "Americano" is called a "Long Black" here.  And if you want milk, they have to do it for you and you get a weird look.  No cream here.  At least not sitting out.

After the cafe, I figured out how to take the train (subway) to King's Cross from downtown.  That's one of the Sydney neighborhoods, a bit similar to Capitol Hill in Seattle.  Met up with Chris and his friend Madellen to go have Tapas for dinner.  That's when I got the best view I've seen so far.  Just below the Sydney Harbor Bridge, across the water from the Opera House.  Took my breath away.  Really.  I'll write more soon!  FYI, it's been pouring down rain since I arrived!!  Guess I brought it with me... :)

Comments

1

Hi Allison!!!!
I hope your having a good time down under! It sounds like you are really getting to know your way around quickly? Your a brave girl! Not many people have the guts to pick up and move there whole life like you did! But I think that's amazing! Do it now while you can, right?
Do you think you could see yourself living there? It sounds like everyone is really friendly for the most part? Do you get a good or bad reaction when you tell people your American?
It's weird to think that WE have an accent?

Anyhow, I'm sorry I didn't get to see you off :(
I hope your enjoying your stay
Love Liz :-)

  Lizzi Sep 16, 2008 2:55 AM

About afischera


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.