Existing Member?

Affys' Travels

Sydney 2

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 15 September 2010 | Views [397]

Greetings readers!!

The base Sydney is a lot nicer than Great Aussie Backpackers! whoop whoop! I had a great time going to 'Powerhouse' the Hillsongs event and I got invited to Connect, their small group meeting. Met some amazing people and Tash has been amazing and as is always the way with these things God has brought someone into my life who has a similar story! such a joy to chat with her.

Thursday I headed off to Kellyville to Stay with Sarah and Rueben and their 4 children, it was lovely to have my own room and shower and to be part of a family. We went to historic Windsor, which is humorous as its at most 200 years old, but its as about as historic as Oz gets!We had fish and chips by the sea and ice cream, lovely!! I got to visit Hillsongs Hills campus on Sat evening as they have a service then, its a lot different to Vineyard in some respects and I think thats good for me at the mo. 

I was sharing a room with just one other girl and we headed off to the Police and Justice Museum, it was scary how many people got killed off for speaking out against corruption in the 80's. Sadly as we came to leave it had started to rain!

Melanie and I were not impressed, esp as I was in flip flips and she was in shorts, but we made the journey home. It seems Oz is not really equipped for the rain as the pavement becomes very slippy as I discovered to my detriment, stepping off a curb i fell flat on my ass! covering it in wet dirty water.

To make matters worse, the kind person who stopped to help me up from my rather embarrassing fall was the most gorgeous guy I have seen in a while, with a stunning smile! Seriously do these people wait til I make an ass of myself and them appear!!

We made it home to dry off and decided the only option was to hit the movies, we saw Inception, which was the weirdest thing I'd seen in a while! We have a bar attached to our hostel so we went for dinner and a drink, I got free champagne with my room, some girls only offer, so we drank that happily.

After a short while Michael and Hammer join us, brothers who have had a little to drink and bought us some! They sit down to chat and ask the obvious, where are you from, how old are you etc. Michael on finding out that I was 28 launched into a flattery tirade! Apparently I look very good for my age etc etc! Which also involved stroking my arm a Lot! I was laughing so hard by the end, they were both funny and good to chat to and remained even thought we both made it clear we were not sleeping with either of them (apparently that was not why they had come to talk to us, they wanted pleasant conversation!! hmmm)Michael was also a pro surfer or so he said, not that Melanie or I were particularly convinced!

Michael however was dropped in it by his brother when he went outside for a cigarette, rather than being 23, (which i had figured was not unbearable young) he was in fact 19!! ah. I worked with young people who are now older than him hahahah!! We had a lot of fun but bid them goodnight!! Outside was a storm, literally so we were glad of the access door back to our hostel. Melanie and I giggled our way ro sleep they were really very funny lads and who doesn't like a bit of flattery!

I'm hoping to get to do a harbour tour and the Sydney tour as soon as the weather is clear!

I will keep you updated with my adventures!

Much love to you all!

About affyharris1


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.