Existing Member?

My OZsome Adventure

Day 2: What day is it?

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 28 September 2011 | Views [225]

I left LA Sunday night, September 27th.  I arrived in Sydney Tuesday morning at about 6:45am.  I never liked Mondays anyway.  Customs and Immigration took 2 hours due to a baggage handler strike.  When I got to the meeting point for my shuttle, I met another American out for the adventure.  Sam is from Minnesota.  For now, we are staying in two different hostels on the same block.  I was happy to see another American.

I got to the hostel to check in.  It is nice.  Contemporary.  But then again, I have nothing to compare it to as this is my first hostle experience.  My room is a 4 person room that looks like a tornado hit it.  It looks like my roommates are long-term guests.  I showered immediately and met up with my Ultimate Oz group around 10:30am. 

No time for jetlag.  We spent the entire day walking.  They showed us the bank, Hyde Park which is like the "Central Park" of Sydney, the Opera House, Botanical Gardens and back to the Travellers Contact Point office.  Did I mention it is COLD here?

Sydney is cool.  But the hustle and bustle reminds me of LA.  I am thinking I might look for work up North in Queensland where it is more laid back and WARM!

By dinner time I am fading fast.  I get a cup of coffee and a 5 hour energy.  I will not be plagued by jetlag!  I met up with Clara Enns, a Canadian/Mexican backpacker from TravBuddy.com.  After dinner at Scary Canary, we head back to the hostle to go to the underground bar, Side Bar.  There were two Aussie cuties playing guitars and singing American Pop songs.  I have a glass of wine to try to go to sleep after all that caffeine.

When I get back to my room, I meet roommate number one, Jess.  She is from UK and has been here 3 weeks.  She just got a job at a Cafe down the street.  Her boyfriend, Billy, has been here two years.  Great, a co-ed room.  I might be too old for this.  Nighty night!

 

About aearnest


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.