Existing Member?

AdventuresOfMegan

Nov 18 - Sunday

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC | Sunday, 18 November 2012 | Views [253]

I woke up early, around 7 and got ready. I left the hotel about 8 and walked along the beach with the eventual destination of Claro for breakfast but also just wanted to enjoy the sun and the relatively quiet beach.

There's probably about a 5-10 minute section (when you're wandering slowly) between Kite Beach and Cabarete itself where it's usually really quiet as there aren't many hotels there, so that's always nice to have the beach to yourself for those few moments.

I'm not sure I can do this story justice, but I'll try. As I get closer to town, a guy calls to me trying to sell me on some tour. Normally I would just ignore and keep going, but since there weren't any people close enough, I couldn't just pretend he was talking to someone else. It's not uncommon for there to be people selling stuff/services/anything on the beach, so I thought to myself, I'm in no hurry, he's got one minute and then I'm continuing on.

So at first he's really nice, trying to sell me on a tour and asking questions about where I'm coming from, etc.

Then he starts getting creepy. He went from nice to creepy in under 30 seconds. I'll save you the rest of the conversation but as he's eyeing me head to toe for the 5th time and telling me again how beautiful I am, I started to walk away. He asked if he could walk with me, and I simply told him that 'no, I was enjoying my quiet walk by myself but have a great day' and off I went. I walked into Claro just wishing I could have a shower and get that icky feeling off.

I came back to the hotel and saw Simon & Cynthia off. Then just enjoyed the rest of the lazy Sunday.

About adventuresofmegan


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Dominican Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.