Existing Member?

AdventuresOfMegan

November 2, 2012 - Day 1 - Calgary to Montreal

CANADA | Friday, 2 November 2012 | Views [244]

Nov 2 - Calgary to Montreal

The flight was late leaving Calgary. It was Air Canada, so I didn’t have high expectations. The guy seated in front of me didn’t wait long until he put his seat down as far as he could. Well, I didn’t wait long to tap  him on the shoulder asking him not to do that. He gave me a dirty look and put it back up. (He could have at least asked first!). Then not 30 seconds later he dropped it back down again, just not as far, but still more than he should have. The guy sitting next to me just looked at me and laughed. I wasn’t taking this all as a good sign of things to come.

Eventually he falls asleep and I notice his tv reflecting off the window  and realize this old man in front of me is watching Magic Mike. Ummm, it’s a movie geared at women, about male strippers. He seems like the wrong audience, but who am I to judge?

It  was a night flight, so most people were pretty respectful of keeping quiet... except the guy right behind me. Imagine just about falling asleep and then suddenly hearing this super loud laugh boom from the seat behind you. It stops, but as you almost drift off again, you hear it again. It was super random and distracting... and loud!!! Plus he kept pushing the back of my seat and it was really driving me crazy.

Perhaps the only redeeming part of the flight was that the guy seated next to me was a fairly nice guy. Even though we didn’t chat long, he seemed very friendly and offered me suggestions of places to stay near the airport and made what seemed like a sometimes very long flight sometimes seem to go a little faster.

So after landing around midnight and waiting forever for my suitcase, I wandered about the departures level to look for a place to sit (sleep?) and wait until my flight leaving at 7:30 the next morning. I eventually found a place, but left when I got really cold and someone sitting near me kept playing youtube videos really loud.

Eventually I found some sort of couch/chair things where a couple people were sleeping and laid down on an empty one. I did sleep for a little while but at one point woke up (I think I was worried about sleeping too much and having my stuff go missing) to hear the guy next to me let a loud fart rip. And it took no more than 10 seconds before there was a stink cloud suffocating me. He was still sleeping soundly, maybe snoring even. This only added evidence to my feeling that the world was conspiring against me.

Tags: air canada, calgary, montreal, travel

 

About adventuresofmegan


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.