Existing Member?

Adventurer Fever World Nomads Travel Film Scholarship: New Orleans and Mardi Gras 2014!

On My Way to New Orleans...

ARGENTINA | Monday, 14 April 2014 | Views [6224]

FLIGHT ATTENDANT:“You said pasta, right?”

ANDI: Yeah... What do you think about the lightning out there?

FA: Whaaaaaaat?

A: The lightning!

FA: Oh... The lightnings! I know... They are... (moving her hands).

A: It´s a big storm, isn´t it?

FA: No!

A: Nothing happens?

FA: No!

A: Everything quite...

FA: Are you filming? (laughing)

A: A little bit...

--

Ladies and Gentlemen, I´ll ask for your cooperation... We will be flying through a storm area for several minutes” was heard through the speakers. Really? Do we actually need to keep going? Why don´t we turn around and head back to Buenos Aires? We are only 30 minutes away and the sky looked pretty good down there. It´s not that far...

After quitting my job 3 and a half years ago I have been living the life of the adventurer who enjoys getting lost in unknown lands. Somehow I have managed to find the way to live my dream of traveling around the world without caring too much about my fear to flying. But an adventurer should be always ready for a new and more challenging challenge. Especially when “several minutes” become an hour and a half of shaking at 38.000 ft. 

The WorldNomads Travel Film Scholarship has started off in the most exciting way possible - and it hasn´t actually even started yet. If I get any lucky, my plane will be landing at the Louis Armstrong International Airport in about 10 hours. New Orleans, Mardi Gras and a whole new world of adventures are waiting for me. And my camera and intrepid spirit are as always, ready for them.

--

ANDI: Are you scared of flying?

FEDERICO: Actually, I don´t mind. In any case, I don´t want to look outside, just in case...

A: Well, I´ve been looking for a while what´s going on out there and...

F: It´s tough... very tough... 

 

Tags: fear to fly, flights, storms

About adventurerfever


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.