Existing Member?

Chasing Summer

Chasing Summer Hawaii

USA | Sunday, 23 August 2015 | Views [209] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

My name is Sam and I am a 24 year old recent alumni of the University of Hawaii at Manoa in Honolulu, Hawaii. Like many recent graduates and people my age, I am at a crossroads where I am trying to decide what it is that I want to do with my life and what it is that I stand for. My friends and I have been very active in filming and creating adventure based videos in Hawaii over the course of the past year or so and it has shown me how powerful creating content can be. We just finished our second big video that took us a few months to plan and film. We have one DSLR camera that we share along with the editing and production duties behind making videos and media. It has all shown me that anything is possible and if you match vision with dedication then you can achieve big things. Although I don't have a camera or editing software of my own, working on this videos with my friends has shown me I can do it and I will do it. I am standing at the bottom of a big mountain but I feel good in that at least I know which mountain it is that I need to start climbing. In choosing me for this trip, you are choosing a motivated and personable kid who is bursting with kinetic energy and potential. This opportunity would mean the world to me. It would give the world to me. More importantly, it would be a large step up the mountain that is currently my biggest obstacle in life. I would consider this life changing trip as the catalyst I needed to push myself towards my dreams like never before.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

Comments

1

Awesome visuals!!

  jschiappa Sep 11, 2015 2:31 AM

About adventuremansam


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.