Existing Member?

The Travel Perspective

My Video scholarship 2010 entry

WORLDWIDE | Saturday, 17 July 2010 | Views [413] | Comments [2] | Scholarship Entry

Local Encounters=World Class Skills

"When you show up at 11pm in Casablanca, a mostly Muslim country, be prepared for a language barrier.  If you want to gain sales skills, negotiate in the bizarre market, thats my definition of world class skills and just one of the many things you will get from 'Local Encounters'.

Recently Diagnosed with Cancer, my perspective on life has changed.  The inspiration behind my subject is from the idea that your life can change in a second.  If it did, would you be happy or feel like you have experienced everything?  When diagnosed, I didnt.  So I set out to show others that you dont have to get the wake up call that I did to really live life to the fullest.  I discovered a subculture I call "Travel Hacking."  With the help of other travel hacker bloggers, I have traveled the world with little vacation time and a tight budget.  Facing the challenges of looking my biggest fears in the eyes is also some of my biggest accomplishments.   Bungee jumping off the tallest bridge in the world, swimming with great whites, skydiving the highest commercial drop, charming cobras in Morocco, and riding bikes thru Amsterdam (yes, its tough!), it has all allowed me to feel 'Alive'.  When someone tells you that your life may end, feeling 'Alive' is exactly what you need.  My ambitions are to continue to show people that everyday people, like myself, can still travel, inspire, and document all that this world has to offer. 

Hacking Life One Country At A Time,

Aaron Carotta

www.adventureaaron.com

Tags: 2010 travel video scholarship

Comments

1

Very Cool! I hope you win! Where are you going next???

  Kelly Dunn Jul 21, 2010 11:19 PM

2

Aaron-
Congrats on the footage! Your world class skill comments is very true, I look forward to seeing the results here...

  Mike Stromberg Jul 21, 2010 11:21 PM

About adventureaaron


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.