Existing Member?

Action After Imagine

An Ex History - A New Story - A ctions

INDONESIA | Wednesday, 14 May 2014 | Views [169] | Scholarship Entry

My story was started when I and my supervisor decided to take Eks Pelabuhan Buleleng (EBP) as my object for my final project. My project is about solid waste management in EBP Beach. I think a good place have to has a good quality in cleanliness. For my research, I need to collect data of solid waste generation and its composition. EBP Beach located in Singaraja city, Buelelng regency, Bali island. Buleleng is the largest area in Bali. Because of my project was taken place in EBP Beach, therefore I should be living in Singaraja for almost two weeks. There so many trashes in the EBP Beach, the biggest one is plastic. As we know, plastic is very danger for all sea creatures. I investigated around this place in order to get some information. So, in this chance I met up with the stakeholder, street food sellers, owner of restaurant, and the visitors. My unforgettable experience in this moment was when I and my friends collect the trashes around the EBP beach, me as the leader. Not only at the terrestrial but also the trashes which is floating on the seawater. The unique one is, we used a cool clothes while we are collecting and sorting the trash. Many people wondered when they see our activity. They confused why those youth want to do that, I mean "playing with the trash". This is way to show that trash, rubbish, or garbage are not always disgusting. They need to well managed, moreover EBP beach is a tourism place. Exploring EBP Beach was fabulous. This place was the Netherlands Colonial's heritage. In colonial times, Buleleng port is the only one port in Bali. All of shipping and trading activity took place there. But, until Benoa Port was established, the activity moved to Denpasar. Buleleng Post was loss it's hustle and became Eks Pelabuhan Buleleng (Ex Buleleng Port).
Now, EBP beach has a new story. I could see sunrise and sunset at the coastal area. There is floating restaurant which is overlooking at the sea. A monument strongly stand as the sign of courage never give up of local youth when the colonialism.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About adventuraction


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.