Existing Member?

the year of adventure, part 2

1 AM, departure eve.

USA | Sunday, 28 December 2008 | Views [180]

My eyes are droopy but I'm struggling to sip more black tea (it's called "AWAKE!") and finish screening 2 DVDs for work. I committed to something that will have me driving to Sausalito before 6 AM too.

But procrastinating is part of the excitement of leaving on a major trip! It makes you feel important, at least that's the way I'm choosing to look at it. ALL MAY TURN CHAOTIC IF I DON'T ORGANIZE AND SMOOTH IT OUT FIRST. Or something like that.

However my fears are quickly sliding away, and my anticipation building, as the hours wind down. Right now I have two loads of laundry churning away. My empty backpack is lying on the floor, next to all of the contents which will be shoved inside shortly. Bathing suits, work-out pants, and a sweatshirt will be my daily clothing (they're light!) and I have too many toiletries which I'll probably never use. But heaven forbid I get stuck in a situation where I wish, damn, I should have brought the orchid bath soap and body wash. Now I'll have to sit here with the swamp mud caked on my forearms for days because I simply can't get it off with the non-lathering nature of Brommer's.

I really have no idea what to expect, though I've looked at pictures recently. I think Thailand will be colorful and vibrant in the cities and temple areas. And serene and stunning on its islands.


Well I must return to the task at hand or I will really be a zombie tomorrow. However that isn't such a bad thing since we have an 18-hour flight to endure. It will be fun, though. My travel friend, Suj, is incredibly wonderful and energetic. I look forward to our adventures together in the coming weeks.


More upon arrival!

About adrianne


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.