Existing Member?

adelines journal

My Video scholarship 2010 entry

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 29 July 2010 | Views [199] | Scholarship Entry

Since I was 15 years old I have been a competitive Endurance Horse Rider. Endurance is a sport where we ride horses 80kms or more. This sport has borne in me a love for the outdoors, and a desire to protect and preserve our natural environment.

In 2010 I met Lorraine Bower. She is a passionate crusader in the fight to end logging of native forests in Australia. To help this cause I made the video below. The biggest challenge was Loggers do not allow access to the forests, so we could not get footage of logging without risking arrest. 

I have wanted to be a documentary filmmaker since University. I believe that by teaching people about foreign places and peoples, or educating them on a significant issue, we can make a difference. If we embrace this, we can make a better world. The opportunity to go to the Amazon and film there would change my life, personally and professionally. I would put my all into the experience, and into bringing the story of the country and people there to the rest of the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hc9hTYPxZc

Tags: 2010 travel video scholarship

About adeline_gibson


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.