Existing Member?

One Step At A Time Solo Travel

Pork Blood

CHINA | Saturday, 4 October 2014 | Views [597]

So I was lazy again today and was out of bed at 11 am. But it's good to go slow and not burn out. I have less than 6 weeks now and I'm already skipping things in this province that are expensive and busy. It is peak season and national week so relaxing in Chengdu is OK at the moment. But I will not be horse trekking in Song Pan and I will sadly miss out on the fairy pools of Jiuzhaigou. Sooooooo I better have some good tea and hope to come back to Sichuan some day.

 

I didn't do anything special yesterday but today I ate pork blood curd, some cold meat that was really spicy, and smoked duck. I really like the blood curd, it has the same consistency as soft tofu but it had pieces of intestine on top.... I tried to eat some but it tasted faintly of shit. I'm happy it didn't smell like it though! :) The duck was good but they don't give you just meat they give you bones. So it was good but I didn't like my bone to meat ratio. 

 

I'm in an internet café down the road from the hostel right now and it has a ton of young men playing league of ledgends. I ordered a pot of tea with this Irish girl but I guess they cheap out at places like this because they use tea bags and charged us 52¥ for the pot. It's not even Chinese tea! So ya but it tasted good I was just shocked. The new motto I am borrowing from a fellow traveler for situations like this is "TIC: this is China".

 

I still want to adopt Oscar. 

About adaptive


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.