Existing Member?

One Step At A Time Solo Travel

Now all of China Knows I'm Here

CHINA | Saturday, 13 September 2014 | Views [514]

Good morning! 

I was too tired to post yesterday because I went to the Great Wall at Balading. My new friend Vera (from Russia) and I took a train to the site. The ride was beautiful but we don't understand really why everyone runs to the train. It's really funny. I do know it's so they can get a seat because they definitely sell more tickets than seats. But really, it feels less dignified to run.

So upon waking up my legs are super sore! Tomorrow they might be worse. The wall was a lot steeper than I thought it would be too but I have mad respect for all the elderly I saw there yesterday! 

Also, we got our photo taken with random people clearly because we were one of the few foreigners there. And no, it was not a scam. They honestly just wanted a photo.

After the wall we wanted to see the Temple of Heaven which was near our hostel too. But when we got there only the garden was open to walk around in so we decided to save it for later. As tired as I was from the walking and stairs I decided that walking back to our hostel was a good idea instead of the subway. Welllllll shit. We took a wrong turn and got lost for about 1.5 hrs.  We found d our way back though and I was super tired but still peppy!

 

I met two of my roommates last night also, one is from Mongolia and studying in Japan next week. And One is from Denmark and just finished his trip around Asia. 

 

Today my goal is to walk around Beijing maybe try the temple again and buy my train tickets to Chengde. 

P.S I ate pork for the first time in 9 years. It was good... But not amazing.

Tags: lost, the great wall

About adaptive


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.