Existing Member?

Vagabonding Adventures

arrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!

HONG KONG | Sunday, 29 July 2007 | Views [587] | Comments [4]

well.... after a day of riding in boats, an all night bus ride, 7 hours waiting in the bangkok airport, we have finally made it to hong kong.... actually, we made it hear yesterday but have been waiting for an open flight ever since.  we are doing all this totally stand-by, which is difficult for international flights.  i guess i should back up a bit.

it's sunday night now..... late thursday night i got a call from my mom.... cancer...... the next morning we woke up early and started the above mentioned travelling.  we are REALLY hoping that we can get on the next flight to LA, which leaves in about 3 hours.  our days consist of waiting a couple hours, then checking in and re-checking the stand-by list, then waiting some more, then getting told there are no seats, repeat.... you get the idea.  but about mom.  she is having a full body scan done on the 7th which should tell us where the cancer is and give us a better idea of things.  it is unlikely that it started in her liver though.... she of course welcomes and indeed requests all of your prayers, as do we.  natalie and i just want to get to oregon asap.  mom is being well taken care of by family that has come in, but i'll feel better when i see her with my own eyes. 

natalie is amazing.... she is such an encouragement and i am so appreciative for her.  it has been murder to not be able to get home quickly and she has really been here for me. 

i don't really know what else to say.... i'll post more when i know more.  thanks for your encouragements, especially you elizabeth.  i love all you guys.

jason

Tags: Doctors, hospitals & health

Comments

1

Jas--praying for your mom and for you as you travel home. Be safe!

  Wendy Jul 30, 2007 5:32 AM

2

Jason,
My thoughts and prayers are with you, your mom, and your family. I hope your travels home are quick and safe. We miss you here at the FISH :)...keep us updated! Carrie.

  Carrie Jul 30, 2007 1:39 PM

3

I've been out with camp and mission trips the past few weeks, but I've had elizabeth keep me updated on everything and wanted to let you know we are thinking about you. Tell you what, how about I get you a brand new driver's side window for your truck?! At no cost to you! (Long story, but one you won't have to worry about). Keep us posted, I know it's like a million dollars to call, but do so when you can or are back stateside or whenever. Hang in there.
Tim

  Tim Aug 1, 2007 12:59 AM

4

J -

I left a message on your phone a couple days ago, just in case you had it with you. If you're still stuck in HK, I've got a couple of ideas to help you get to where you're going, but I need you to give me a call.

(206) 351-9636

Boz

  Tim Bosworth Aug 2, 2007 12:36 PM

About ace


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.