Existing Member?

Vagabonding Adventures

elephants and tigers and waterfalls... oh my!!

THAILAND | Monday, 9 July 2007 | Views [595] | Comments [2]

well... this has been a fun and interesting couple of days.  i have ridden an elephant, pet tigers, (my least favorite) played in waterfalls, (my most favorite) and met about a hundred people from about 50 different countries. (slight exageration)

so the elephant ride was cool, but the korean girl sitting with me kept taking pictures of herself.... just herself.  i don't really understand this but i was talking to a lady from holland later and she said that a couple korean girls had spent most of the 2 hour minibus ride up there looking at themselves in the mirror.  hhhhmmmmmmmmm.... ok

we stayed last night on the river.... really, on the river.  the guesthouse was like a big dock with walls and the toilet emptied right into the water!  very nice.... the greek couple i had coffee with this morning didn't care for it too much, but i loved it.... no ac but it was so nice and cool with the breeze and the windows open.  also, i havn't really put on any bug spray, and yet i seem to be the only one not getting bitten.  perhaps they know i have already had malaria and so they don't like my blood.  anyway.  this morning was awesome!  i woke up at 6am and sipped coffee for a while alone listening to the river and the jungle wake up.  i could get used to that.  later i walked to the little store a bit down the road where the night before i had requested some pineapple prepared for the morning.  i walked back with it and had more coffee and the pineapple with a greek couple who spoke VERY little english.... good thing i majored in GREEK!!!!!  i shook the rust off as best i could and made my way through the conversation.  also.... the thai people love me.  in every group i am the one who speaks the most thai, probably because i don't want anyone to be better at it than me.  but the locals love it!!  so do i. 

so on to the tigers.... they were asleep... probably sedated.... and we were rushed in and had about 5 pictures taken in 10 seconds.  now i'm not saying i want to have an hour long play/wrestling session with a hungry male tiger, that would be nice, but come on..... don't drug him up.... i probably could have jumped on top of them without a reaction.  anyway, it was all over so fast anyway.

but oh the waterfalls!!!!! before the tigers we went to the erawan waterfalls in a national park.... they are absolutely beautiful, as you will see on my pics.  i was with 6 brits, 2 yanks, and 3 dutch... thats right, dutch.  anyway, we had a blast and made the long trek to the top as a girl was carried down in a stretcher, not from our group though.  these were all people staying at the same place with me.  anyway... i just got really tired so i'm going to put up some pics and then head to bed... i have an important appointment at 5:30am... 

la gohn.

Tags: The Great Outdoors

Comments

1

Hey la gohn! (haha)
Great to hear from you and it sounds like you're having a wonderful time!!! I'm so very glad. How's our friend Natalie. I'm still praying for you both.
Love from Texas!

  Kathy Jul 10, 2007 6:04 AM

2

Hi Son,
So happy that you are having a GREAT time. Hope you had a good day with Natalie. I have to admit I'm glad that the tiger was lazy. The elephant ride looks like fun though. I also wish I was at that water fall with you. I miss you and wish you well. Keep posting.
I Love you lots and lots.

  Mom Jul 10, 2007 2:21 PM

About ace


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.