Existing Member?

CrunchyTimes

Koh Tao

THAILAND | Wednesday, 25 June 2008 | Views [338]

Our time on Koh Tao was predominately spent around "Bluewind" at our third from the beach, hammock adorned bungalow. because we were there the longest we had a mini way of life with our own pad thai place (so good) and our own dog (tardy- he follows his own shadow), and ali the pancake guy who was visited on every drunken occasion. its hard to write a coherent entry on koh tao because it all blends together as like an experience more than just a place we visited. On koh tao shoes are optional and ppl end up staying weeks instead of days and years instead of months. We started diving a couple days in and simi got her open water while i was "refreshed". simi didn have to watch all the really bad movies because her second day "ugly mugly" (dog) ate through the video wires. one day we went on a full day dive trip and did 3 really great dives including sail rock where you can swim up and down a rock formation called a chimney. another day we went to nangyuan- an archipelago off the NW coast. a night early into our stay we went to the queens show (lady boys)- or the end of it- where two new friends joined the finale in some rediculous outfits. obviously they had already downed a few beers but it was not their first time participating. Our first full day on koh tao we made an intense hike to hin wong bay on the other side of the island for snorkeling- after this draining experience the laziness set in to the max. the day of the full moon party we left for koh phangnan.

About acbrock


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.