Existing Member?

Canberra Tour

Let the learning begin

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 2 July 2018 | Views [376] | Comments [1]

Today marked the first of our full on days where we visit and experience some of the amazing educational venues that Canberra has to offer.

Our morning was a little slow, important information from Electoral Education and the High Court but not the most enthusiastic of presenters or exciting content! The boys however were amazing in their behaviour and their questioning.

There were two clear highlights of the day:

  1. The Ian Potter Foundation - this is a relatiely new venue. The boye worked in teams to create a 'ball/marble run'. They had a HUGE variety of materials and an unlimited amount of hot glue and masking tape. The creations were UNBELIEVEABLE and the 2 hours we had just flew by and we could have easily have stayed longer. 
  2. The AIS - or more correctly the AIS gift shop - seriously the boys were beyond excited and overjoyed at the time they spent here and the purchases they made. We now have a huge aray of AIS gear being proudly worn by our boys.

Tonight mid-camp has hit and the funny is in full swing and the boys were in full voice with many tunes being cranked in the dorm, their dancing had the teachers in absolute stichers. Credit to our boys however we went from full on impromptu dance party/disco to quiet movie night in 5 minutes flat. Tonight the movie education continued with the classic (released in 1992) Mighty Ducks.

Now we are off to bed, ready to recharge for our day looking at the workings of our county tomorrow.

Comments

1

Thank you so much Megan.
Theses up dates are really lovely and greatly appreciated.
All the very best,
Flic Jessop xx

  Phyllisa Jessop Jul 4, 2018 12:03 AM

About ac


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.