Existing Member?

david and moses Two boys,David and Moses spend their school hours doing odd jobs for money. As potential leaders like any other child, these children need to be in the classroom.

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 15 June 2011 | Views [384] | Scholarship Entry

“Where there is a will, there is a way.” That’s my philosophy. When I met David and Moses I felt the need to help them because I remember growing up with my friends: we searched for firewood and sent them to our families. Yet, nothing could keep us from the classroom. So why has that eluded some children today who would rather work for money instead of being in the classroom?
Some parents in Ghana for reason of poverty and ignorance keep their children out of the classroom to work for money even though basic school education in Ghana is free.
I used to be critical of such parents. However, after my encounter with David and Moses, I would rather take a humble approach and convince parents about benefits of education. Call me “self-made ambassador against child labor.” That is my will, to find a way of getting one child or more back into the classroom and after school program; hence this documentary.
I need this award to help less fortunate children. They need a solid foundation in education upon which they can spring into the future well resourced. I can do this because there surely is a way out.

Tags: #2011video, travel documentary scholarship 2011

About abenakumiwa


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.