Existing Member?

The Expat Traveller

Travelling Al Baha City

SAUDI ARABIA | Sunday, 4 October 2015 | Views [614]

 

 

Saudi Arabia is a blessed Islamic country that everything is under control when it comes to religion, culture and economic values. Who have thought that Saudi Arabia is a country that simplifies diveristy and amazing tourist destination? My name is Abdul Hafiz, an expat living and working in the Kingdom for a year and I will share my amazing journey to one of its precious and hidden city of Al Baha. 

 

Al Baha City– lies in the southwest of Saudi Arabia, nestled between the resorts of Mecca and Abha. At first, I was curious what Al Baha city aside from its name. I took an unplanned visit to my best friend Khawar, who is also working in one of our offices of the company. It was my 4th visit  but this time I took a road trip approximately 700 kilometers away from the city of Jeddah.I left Jeddah at 12 o midnight with my Pakistani friend and a driver.

To give you a brief description about it’s geographic information:

  • The province is known for its beauty and has green forest, a wildlife sanctuary, valleys and mountains
  • Popular tourist destinations are Raghdan, Ghomsan, Fayk, and Aljabal
  • It has a total of 53 forest
  • Homeland of the Ghamid and Zahran tribes
  • Baljurashi-the largest city in the province
  • The province comprises 13 administrative centres with population of more than 500,000

At around 5:30 in the morning we reached Qunfuda until we are on our way to the first tunnel and I was on awe while entering the cool place. It was a refreshing experience since I have been working from a busiest city in the Kingdom. The Saudi government made an impressive architectural design and engineered with strong foundation to allow the tourist and trailers pass by without any hesitation while enjoying the view of the mountains.

Now, who have thought that Saudi Arabia has a place of beautiful and coolest city like Al Baha? Well the mountain has no trees to look for. Unlike any other country, mountains may have full of verdant trees and wild life, Al Baha is strategically located in a high area which makes it a cool place and perfect for vacation. I spent nearly 5 hours to reach the city with one stop over for eating and praying.

I can feel the cool air touches my skin and my inhale problems came in. The oxygen is low so I was breathing to fast than a usual.

 

Speak Arabic. Most of the locals will not speak English, if you dare you will end up on frustrations. I even tried to speak English but I got a simple nod. So, I used my Arabic communication skills in my entire visit to the city.

Tags: al baha city, expat traveller, jeddah, saudi arabia, travel with hafiz

About abdulhafizali


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Saudi Arabia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.