Existing Member?

Beach Deestinations

Andaman Island Travel - Self Trip, No internet

INDIA | Tuesday, 22 May 2018 | Views [404]

Arguably planning a trip by yourself can be a little exhausting and time consuming.

I think this is a difficult decision for anyone, but considering several factors, you can easily determining the right option for yourself.

Travel agencies always had me wondering if I can plan a trip by myself but I always seem to think of ways that can help me plan a trip without losing money on travel agents like it. Well, after travelling for a few months by myself I did enjoy the freedom of control over my travel, which clearly wouldn't be the case with agents. But my last trip to Andaman and Nicobar Islands, the Eternal Andamans had me wondering if I should change the way I think.

Upon reaching there, the first thing that hit me hard was the internet connection, there was no connection especially in Havelock Island, and I completely rely on Google Maps for all my ventures. I couldn't even board the ferries because you need to pre-book the tickets a day ago by standing on a line swarmed by locals.

The bus service at the island was a dead end, no cabs were available for rent as everything was pre-booked by travel agencies. After being struck with I finally decided to take help from a local and tried to accomplish my true travel goals - solitary and peaceful ralaxation.

Fairly yes they picked me from Havelock Island, and dropped me off to Neil Island where I got a hotel (i think their driver took a commission from the manager), rested out to the beach and finally found a guy renting bikes for around $50 per day (expensive huh? you should see the room pricing). I roamed around the beaches and tried to relax from the bad day I had there and, and so I completed my visit to the isles after 1 tiring and 3 relaxing days.

Booked a flight to Lakshwadeep. I will share the pieces and places I visited there and the overall likes and dislikes later in another post.

Tip: If you are traveling by yourself to a remote place, do your research and pack things like offline maps and important contacts, especially if that place has bad internet.

Tags: andaman, sightseeing

About aarontravels


Follow Me

Where I've been

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.