Existing Member?

Visions in autumn

Visions in autumn

GERMANY | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [278] | Scholarship Entry

Today is my happy day. I am leaving behind that horrible place without a soul by the sea. With the first fast morning train. Before even the green eyes of the cliffs had seen the sun. That place, which I hate and love at the same time was, and still is in north Germany. The cliffs have eyes there.
First fast trains. They let your thoughts run through your veins , poison your mind , release your soul. Trains are the new yoga. Sit back. Relax. Close your eyes. Inhale. Exhale. Take it all in. Let yourself find peace.
I keep remembering. Coming here. With the train again. Autumn morning. Gloomy and quiet. Almost indistinguishable from the evening. Unusually early. A scent of cinnamon wafted in the air. I looked out of the window the wind was singing a sad song and the leaves were playing chase…
And now I am leaving. It is a bizarre feeling, a weird kind of punishment to be in love with the sea. To speak the language of the fishes and to feel real only on those warm sands, where you can lie naked and get sunburned. Now I am headed to another sea though. Warmer. Now I am headed to a city. More like a small village. With vintage doors. Classical music sounds in my head. Chopin. Piano. Not all of the small villages are charming. But this one is magical. I have never seen more peaceful place. This place makes you believe that you need nothing but peace. No technology. No stress. Classical music, french macaroons and your thoughts. It is my happy day today. It is somewhere between the warm autumn afternoons and the cool winter morning when you can see your breath. I am more than happy. Honestly I must say that from all the journeys, from all the big cities, all the seas , mountains and people. This fairy-tale village is my favorite. Not because it is the most beautiful or has the greatest history. But because it is my place. It is the place where I finally found myself. I was lost and wandering. It is a place with a soul. I left my soul there. And when I get enough of the world and when I sea all the seas and when I feel all the sands I will come back here. And I am going to enjoy the peace.
I am now sitting by the river in Esslingen.I am watching the street theater. A gust of gentle wind comes over me. And all of a sudden I fall into a kind of trance, and I can`t take my eyes off the autumn scenery. The fog in the mind lifts, I gaze entranced and the leaves still play their game of chase.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About a_place_with_a_soul


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.