Existing Member?

Travels around the world

Vancouver

CANADA | Thursday, 16 October 2008 | Views [780] | Comments [2]

Hey all,

Here is my first post and update of my trips around the world!!!!

I arrived in Vancouver 3days ago and wow its been an adjustment. I've seen the main sites - Granville Island, Gastown, Metrotown (massive shopping centre - its was raining, what else is there to do), the lookout (during the day and at sunset) and also Stanley Park - which is absolutely amazing.

Today (Oct 15) I was walking the streets - mainly Robson St and Pacific Centre - window shopping again and OMG it is awesome, although I can't afford it (actually can't fit anything else in my bags). Their shows are amazing (Jenny K & Sarah G I was thinking of you both). They also have this amazing toffee apple shop - they dip the apples in chocolate and caramel and cover them with all these amazing different designs - with halloweeen coming up, there were little pumpkins (actually really big pumpkins, their apples are huge - on steroids is the joke).

There is a female clothes store over here called JACOB. So I had to buy something - really nice stuff - bit on the expensive side though, but have to say that the name sake is certainly doing well for itself :)

I saw Granville Island on Tuesday (Oct 14) via a hired bike - best way to do it!!!! The views and scenery were awesome - took sooo many photos. It is sooo green up here compared to home :) though I think 8months of cold and rain helps.

Either side of the ride I went up to the Vancouver lookout - the city tower - though the height is a bit disappointing - not very tall. BUt the views were amazing. It was a clear day and we could see all the way out to the mountains - one of which is over 140ks away and has snow on it all year round - i have the photo evidence to prove it (you just have to scwint a little). I then saw the city as the sun went day - something very spectacular - the way the city transfers from day to night and everything lights up is awesome - something I highly recommend.

Tomorrow (Thurs OCt 16) I am catching the bus up to Kelowna which will be my next holding place. Hopefully in the next few days following I will hopefully have a job and place to stay throughout the season all lined up, fingers crossed.

Well hope that gives everyone a bit of an idea of what I've been up to.

I'll keep you all posted

Cheers

AJ

Tags: granville island, stanley park, vancouver

Comments

1

Hi Amanda LOved your Blog .Hope you got a job that suits you .Vancouver sounds great we wish we were younger and could travel over there.We are great at the monent. Keep in touch Darling
Our Love always
NAN& POPPI

  Nan & Poppi Oct 18, 2008 11:30 AM

2

Hi Amanda,

It sounds like your having a blast, I enjoyed reading your blog it is nice to know what you have been up to and that you are doing well. Looking forward to hearing from you again soon. Take care and have fun,

Danni xo

  Danni Oct 20, 2008 8:48 PM

About a_jacob


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.