Existing Member?

Real Life

My Scholarship entry - Seeing the world through other eyes

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 22 March 2012 | Views [359] | Scholarship Entry

Seeing the world through other eyes

About two years ago I was in Hungary. I remember very well a flavor of Hungary past and present by tasting the culture in its galleries and museums. I saw a country’s architecture, including Roman ruins, medieval castles, Baroque palaces, Art-Nouveau mansions and cutting-edge contemporary buildings with historic charm and aristocratic luxury.
After that I was traveling in many countries. I like to travel and to meet new opportunities. I am a researcher and this gives me a unique opportunity to be in Austria, Romania, India and United State of America etc. Before United State of America, my son bought me one interesting book about Prairies. I’ve read those books about a hundred times and each time dreamed about me walking the streets of United State of America.
Two years have passed and I was invited as a researcher at the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign. It was the beautiful time possible. I was moving for 3 months from Moldova to United State of America, I had to pack all my life to the most distant place of USA from my own town. The China’ New Year came and I was invited to celebrate it with my friends from Africa and China. But still my dream came true. I was in United State of America! I took millions of pictures, I smiled I was the happiest women on the world. Then were other invitations that allow me to make a lot of new friends and establish new very useful contacts.
After United States I was in Holland. I walked around Nijmegen and visited Harterse Fens and forest on a beautiful Dutch autumn day. Then I’ve tested foods and deserts, meet a lot of new friends and write a book. I’ve took about 2000 pictures!
Now, I’m seeing the world through other eyes and I love it very much. I expect to be invited to travel in Singapore, Indonesia and Malazia. I would like to explore a new reality with a new nature and to write a book “Real and digital culture: what is the difference?”.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About a-1-b-2-c-3


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.